we can’t get to a deeper place in someone else, from a shallow place in ourselves
I had set out about 2 years ago to get some certifications for my own personal and professional growth, but life and things and other things got in the way (work? Factorio? excuses?) and I just never finished them.
Well I set out to fix that this year and just yesterday I passed the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate certification exam. The exam was more challenging then I expected, but I passed! Whew.
Going to chill on these for a bit now. In the fall I will tackle the RHCSA.
Had a great time stomping through the snow in Virginia City and Gold Hill over the weekend. I am overall happy with the photos, but I do want to improve, so here we go, time to critique. Let’s look at composition.
I miss the sun.
I am working on keeping things real simple, and to not over work everything. This was the most comfortable I have been with watercolor. Looking at it now, I’d like to add some more definition to the clouds.
I made it a goal a few years ago to read more, like I used to when I was much younger. I’d read all the time, but at that time my topic selection was limited to Science Fiction and, well that’s all. I have been broadening my selections a bit since then. I’ve explored the vast world of fantasy in 2016-2017, and then moved on to self discovery, philosophy, self-help, some classics, etc. 2018 was a good year for reading for me 🙂
- The Man in the High Castle – Philip K. Dick
- The Integral Trees – Larry Niven
- Real Artists Don’t Starve – Jeff Goins
- The Anatomy of Peace – The Arbinger Institute
- Addiction, Procrastination, and Laziness – Roman Gelperin
- Insecure in Love – Lesli Becker-Phelps PhD
- Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging – Sebastion Junger
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life – Mark Manson
- Walden – Henry David Thoreau
- Meditations – Marcus Arelius
- Declutter Your Mind – Barrie Davenport
- The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) – N.K. Jemisin
- Roadmarks – Roger Zelazny
- Good News – Edward Abbey
- Seveneves – Neal Stephenson
- Artemis – Andy Weir
- Docker: Up & Running
- Terraform: Up & Running
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship