This WordPress blog is like a Tumblr microblog but without all of the people
Help! I am obsessed with ASOIAF right now. It’s only going to end in disappointment because the Winds of Winter is not done…
There sits the only king I mean to bend my knee to, m’lords. The King in the North!the Greatjon
Why would you use a web browser developed and managed by an advertising company?
I am deeply sorry I doubted Firefox. Thought maybe it was time to move on, and so I started to migrate to Opera. But today, the Chromium team proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are only serving their advertising overlords and advertisers themselves and _not_ the people. Firefox (really, Mozilla) is the last holdout for a free and open web.
we can’t get to a deeper place in someone else, from a shallow place in ourselves
I miss the sun.
I made it a goal a few years ago to read more, like I used to when I was much younger. I’d read all the time, but at that time my topic selection was limited to Science Fiction and, well that’s all. I have been broadening my selections a bit since then. I’ve explored the vast world of fantasy in 2016-2017, and then moved on to self discovery, philosophy, self-help, some classics, etc. 2018 was a good year for reading for me 🙂
- The Man in the High Castle – Philip K. Dick
- The Integral Trees – Larry Niven
- Real Artists Don’t Starve – Jeff Goins
- The Anatomy of Peace – The Arbinger Institute
- Addiction, Procrastination, and Laziness – Roman Gelperin
- Insecure in Love – Lesli Becker-Phelps PhD
- Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging – Sebastion Junger
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life – Mark Manson
- Walden – Henry David Thoreau
- Meditations – Marcus Arelius
- Declutter Your Mind – Barrie Davenport
- The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) – N.K. Jemisin
- Roadmarks – Roger Zelazny
- Good News – Edward Abbey
- Seveneves – Neal Stephenson
- Artemis – Andy Weir
- Docker: Up & Running
- Terraform: Up & Running
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
I have been inspired to purge the distractions from my life. My phone has been reduced to utilities, apps required for work, Spotify, and Audible. Time to focus.
Time to create